Natural Does not Mean Safe!
- Kava - Used for anxiety. This supplement may cause liver damage and has already been banned in Canada, Germany and Switzerland.
- Comfrey - Used for the treatment of cancer, couch and also used to treat heavy bleading during menstrual cycle. Possible danger includes liver damage and cancer.
- Germanium - Used in the treatment of liver problems, pain infections and arthritis. Possible side effects are kidney damage and even death.
- Coltsfoot - Used for sore throat, asthma and bronchitis. Side effects include liver damage and cancer.
- Bitter Orange - Used for allergies, nasal congestion and weight loss. Dangerous side effects include stroke, fainting, heart attack and even death
- Aconite - Used for gout, joint pain and inflammation. Dangerous side effects include vomiting, low blood pressure, toxicity and even death.
Tips to Protect Yourself
- See your Doctor. Always check with your doctor before adding any supplements to your doctor. Some supplements could cause dangerous reactions to any medication you may already be taking.
- Stay away from supplements for weight loss, body building and sexual enhancement. According to the FDA, these types of supplements could possible contain trace amounts of prescription drugs and steroids.
- Only purchase supplements that show the "USP Verified" seal. This organization verifies the quality and purity of the raw materials.
- Don't take more than indicated on the container. Taking more does not increase the benefits and could result in over dosing and toxicity.
- See your doctor immediately if you start to experience any symptoms as the result of taking supplements.